2015-08-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: static IP traffic on the grase/chilli dhcp pool

Header Data

From: gianluca <au***a@gmail.com>
Message Hash: f4f4413ad8bbeb7fc92f250e61e5f652de0ff10da63d0dd461caf5025cda82db
Message ID: <c2b4e80c-3a1b-43c1-a632-800589ca50c5@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0LceXRr52vwTWzns6fFUJfX+Ungs=mM_hqg32jYDJndfw@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-08-13 03:44:13 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 03:44:13 -0700

Raw message

thank you so much for your accurate reply Tim, crystal clear!

one last question ... if I may.

my wifi AP has "open" autentication, i.e. I rely only on grase for access.

is it possible for clients to sniff username/password at the login,
or are those sent encrypted to the grase server?

thanks

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:51:32 PM UTC+2, timwhite88 wrote:

> Hi Gianluca
>
> As some have said, you shouldn't have DHCP (server) enabled. DHCP
> client is fine. The reason you need WDS is otherwise the link is Layer
> 3, the IP layer, but Grase needs Layer 2, the ethernet layer. Without
> WDS you need to do IP routing across the bridge, which isn't
> compatible with how Coova Chilli is setup in Grase. In the future
> we'll work on allowing IP routing, but for now it's layer 2 only.

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:55 PM, gianluca <au***.@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > quick reply to confirm that I did enable WDS and DHCP on both antennas
> and
> > now it works!
> >
> > looks like it was a simple fix...
> > :-)